Split rail fences are very popular and are loved for their look and affordability. It was one of the earliest forms of fencing. As time went on, split rail fencing retained its popularity. It consists of vertical fence posts that are evenly spaced and have two or three rails connecting them horizontal across the length.
Benefits of installing split rail fences
If you are considering fencing your property, it will be good to know the benefits of split rail fences. Here are some key benefits:
- Affordability: Split rail fences cost a lot lesser than many other options available. As the cost of the fence is a major factor when a homeowner is out shopping for fences, this becomes a major advantage.
- Safety: With split rail fencing you can block off the property without having to worry about the safety of kids or pets. As against barbed wires, this is a very safe option.
- Look: Split rail fencing gives a rustic look to the property. You can choose from a variety of colours and types of material depending on your personal preference. This adds to the aesthetic appeal of the property.
- Durability: Split rail fencing is well-known for being durable. It is built to last and so you can use it for as long as you want.
- Easy to maintain: This type of fencing needs very little maintenance. With their natural look you don’t need to worry about painting them.
Few things to know before you install split rail fences
If you have decided to install split rail fencing, keeping the below points in mind will be helpful:
- Decide what is the purpose for which you want to install fences
- Make sure the fences face the right way, with the smooth side facing outwards
- Consider an easy to maintain material that meets your needs
- Inquire about the local guidelines on look, height and material allowed for fencing
- When you plan the budget also factor in the costs of gates, hardware and sealants
- Get your property surveyed so that you know the boundaries
- Fence installation is not very simple, so you should a professional like Superior Fence and Co
- Tell your neighbours about the fencing work planned
How much will split rail fencing cost?
While the exact cost of installation is determined by many factors, it is important that you plan your budget before you start the project. Hiring a professional to install the fences for you will be very helpful in planning the end-to-end project. You must ask for a quote upfront and ensure that there are no hidden charges.
The professional will ask your preferences like the material you want to use, how many gates you want to install and if you want a wire mesh to be installed. Depending on your answers and considering the permissible height of the fence the estimate can be prepared.
If you want to get split rail fencing installed on your property you can reach out to Superior Fence and Co. Give us a call on (210) 600-3343 or visit our website for more details.