The fences around your home or garden go a long way in leveraging the aesthetic charm of your property. Of course, you would also prioritize the functional value of wooden fences. With the right kind of fence around your property, you would benefit in terms of security, privacy, and beauty.
Depending on the type of wood you used in your fence, its lifeline ranges from five to twenty years, or even longer. However, at some point, you would be in a dilemma, wondering whether you should repair your old fence, or go for a complete replacement. At Superior Fence and Co., we can bail you out of this dilemma with affordable fence repair and installation services. Simply reach out to us with your requirements, and we will guide you through the process.
In this post, you will get to know when you should try repairing a fence, and when you need to go for a complete replacement.
When can you repair your fence?
Experts recommend repairing your fence in case it has sustained any kind of damage. However, you need to call in the professionals, who would determine whether or not it is possible to carry out any kind of repair. In case you decide to repair your fence, you can make a significant saving. Here are certain conditions when repairing your fence would be the most viable way out.
- Rot and molds: The organic elements in wooden fences attract molds. When it starts happening, you would notice a greenish fuzz on the wooden surface. In case you detect this issue in its early stages, the experts might try to patch the area. However, under heavy rot or damage, they would recommend a complete replacement.
- Wobbly posts: With age, the wooden posts in your fence might become unstable and keep wobbling. However, professional fencing companies install a spur into the ground along with the posts. Once they are back in place, you need to concrete the area so that the posts hold on sturdily.
- Loose panels: In some fences, the panels become loose on continual exposure to wind. Fencing experts can reattach them in case the condition of the wood is still good.
When should you replace your fence?
At times, the damage in your fence might be beyond repair. Therefore, you need to get them replaced.
- Extreme rots: In case the rot has spread all over your fence, it would be beyond the scope of patchwork. In these situations, you need to get a new fence installed.
- Loose or missing fasteners: Over time, the nails, screws, or fasteners might fall out. In case only a few of these are missing, you can try repairing your fence. However, you need to get it replaced in case most of them are gone.
- Expensive repairs: Whether it’s leaning, or too many missing panels, it would be wise to go for a new fence if repairing it seems to be too expensive.
Reach out to us at Superior Fence and Co. for professional support in repairing or replacing your fence. You can reach out to us at (210) 600-3343 or share your requirements through this contact form for us to get back.